Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back in the Saddle ...

When I first started blogging, I had every intention of stopping once we came home form Peru because I thought life would be pretty boring after that. As it turns out, our lives over the past few months have been filled with so much mystery, intrigue and adventure that with the motivation of a couple requests I've decided to post again.

I couldn't possibly recap everything that's happened since Peru in a way that would do it justice, so we'll start with a short timeline and you'll have to fill in the blanks with your vivid imaginatons.

May-August we:

  • Came home from Peru.
  • visited my family in Canada.
  • Accepted a spot at University of Chicago Law school.
  • Shortly thereafter changed our minds and accepted a spot at Harvard Law School.
  • Moved ourselves and a couple of suitcases to Virginia (to stay with Jeff's parents).
  • Attended my brother Derek's wedding in Utah.
  • Moved all of our belongings to Boston and set up our apartment.
  • Moved ourselves (minus belongings) back to Virginia to finish the summer.
  • Changed our minds once again and accepted a spot at Stanford Law School.
  • Moved our belongings from Boston to Palo Alto.
  • Were really stressed out!

August-now we:

  • Were homeless, so we crashed at my wonderful aunt and uncle's place in Walnut Creek.
  • Started school (Jeff was commuting 1 1/2 -2 hours each way!)
  • Found an apartment and moved in. Unfortunately our belongings didn't move in until a couple weeks later.
  • Got cable TV- a very momentus occasion as I was home along all day without any furniture except a TV.
  • Reunited with our furniture.
  • Looked for a job.
  • Looked for a job.
  • Looked for a job.
  • Found a job! (working at Altos Ventures, a venture capital firm)
  • Picked up another job teaching prenatal nutrition and infant feeding.
  • Had visits from my brother-in-law Chris, my mom and sister Michelle.
  • Successfully made it through finals week.
  • Went home for Christmas.
  • Came back.
  • Applied to move on campus. (That will be our 8th move in 3 1/2 years).

As I reflect on the past few months, I often wonder... AM I TOTALLY INSANE?! I think so.
But throughout it all we've had some great times and made some great friends. I've posted a couple pictures of fun things we've done, and will update our web album with more complete sets of pictures.

Jeff was the lucky man that got to dance with Steph during the Grad theme song!

Our nephew Max when they visited us in Virginia.

Derek and Courtney's wedding

Jeff, Jenn and Steph doing ... stuff...

Our visit to D.C.

Celebrating Jeff's birthday with Peter and Nikki.

At my cousin's wedding over Christmas

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay for blogging!
You have had a crazy time! But so fun and adventurous sounding!

melissa walker said...

Jeff & Carolyn--We found you through Corey & Ashley's blog. You have had an exciting year, although we're sad you didn't come to Chicago! If you ever decide to give it a try, get in touch-it's a great city! Ashley said we might see them this summer which would be so fun! If you get out this way to see them, we'd love to see you too! Paul, Missy & kids

Charlo said...

I knew I periodically checked this for a reason.

Sarah said...

Hey guys,
I found your blog through Paul & MIssy.
We have finally entered blog land and
started one of our own. It's been great
to read about everything you've been up to!

Jess said...

hi sunshine! how's the job going now? Jeff's school? WHAT a CRAZY time you guys have had! I could just hear your voice in the way you wrote it. haha.

p.s. Softball season in Wymount is coming up again. Maybe the "Stretchy Pants" will have a comeback season! Love ya!

Charlo said...

There is a chance we will be passing through Nor Cal when we move to Cali (I know it doesn't make sense, but it does) If we do, I 'll look into saying hello

Sarah said...

Hey again! We are taking our blog private. Let me know your email address so I can include you! (if you want that is! :) sarahlynwalker@yahoo.com

Jess said...

Hey friends! Happy Thanksgiving!!
We are thankful to know you!